Sunday, January 13th
2-4 pm at the New Canaan YMCA
Enter your homemade cake! Or just join in on cupcake decorating fun, view all the amazing creations and catch a fondant demonstration!
- Baked by Grown-ups; Decorated by Kids – This category is for our littlest bakers (age 4-6) who love to decorate.
- Best Taste – This one is all about the YUM.
- Best Use of Color – Let’s have some dazzle on a January day.
- Themed Cake – Bakers, let your imaginations run wild!
- Winter Cake – Capture the winter wonderland season and all its frozen fun.
- Online registration ONLY, visit newcanaancares.org to enter a cake.
- Separate online registration required for each cake.
- Entry fee is $30 per cake to be paid at time of online registration. No entries will be accepted on the day of the event.
- Entrants may participate individually or as a team (i.e. family, troop, neighborhood, class, etc.)
- Registration is limited to first 100 entrants with a final closing date of January 7, 2019.
- Cakes must be dropped off at New Canaan YMCA located at 564 South Ave. between 12 – 1 pm on Sunday, January 13th, on a disposable tray/platter. No refrigeration provided. Cakes must be delivered ready to be go. ALL cakes must be delivered by 1pm – No exceptions.
- Cakes will be judged before the event starts at 2pm. Winners will be announced during the event. Award ribbons will be given in all categories with multiple entries.
- Please be advised that cakes are made at home, and may contain allergens and ingredients such as: milk, eggs, wheat, soybean, peanuts or tree nuts, etc. Entrants and attendees agree to hold New Canaan CARES, its directors, officers, sponsors, employees and other entrants harmless for liability, damages, or claims for injury or loss to any person or property relating to, in whole or in part, direct or indirect, participation in this contest.
Cakes donated by local bakeries and eateries will be auctioned off at this event. Auction winners will be announced at 3:30 pm; payment and cake takeaway will occur at this time.
REGISTER ONLINE @ newcanaanCARES.ORG